Head of Retail Investments & Living Investments - ANZ
Role & Responsibilities
Nicholas is the Head of Retail Investment and his key responsibilities include managing the national retail investments team, brokering retail investment sales and investment advice to financial institutions, listed property trusts and off shore investors.
In addition Nicholas works closely with the capital markets team and key clients in equity and debt structuring and broking as well as having deep experience in Student Accommodation, Medical Property, Mixed Use development and indirect investment.
Nicholas has worked in real estate sector for over 16 years and brings extensive experience from several facets of property and capital markets in fund & asset management, property valuation, property development and property derivatives.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Nicholas founded Pi Capital Partners in early 2010 working with institutional clients such as Westfield and Goodman as well as several sovereign wealth funds in a range of capacities across the Asian region. Nicholas has completed the roll out of new commercial valuation infrastructure for Herron Todd White Australia. Nicholas has also worked with several private clients, off shore investors, banks and local developers in retail, medical and residential investments and development. Concurrently Nicholas held the position of Director of Investment for Healthfield a medical development fund.
Nicholas previously held the position of Chief Investment Officer and Senior Partner for MSS Real Estate LLP in London. Nicholas was integral in the establishment of the FTSEpx Fund a Guernsey domiciled open-ended multi-sub offering exposure to the UK institutional property market. During this time Nicholas also managed the Westbury Commercial Property Fund (WCPF), an open-ended Dublin listed UK Commercial Property Fund, and closed end feeder funds designed for retail investors and several bespoke structured products. In addition Nicholas secured and managed several private accounts across continental Europe.
Prior to this Nicholas held positions at ING Real Estate Investment Management Australia in the Australian Retail Fund managing in excess of $1.3 billion in Shopping Centres and Large Format Retail and Knight Frank (NSW) where Nicholas specialised in the valuation of Super Regional and Regional Shopping Centres.
- Sale of Woolworths Eastern Creek Data Centre and est. of Service Level Agreements to DCI Datacentres (Blackstone) $74 million.
- Brokered the East Village Shopping Centre joint venture between Mirvac and Payce valued at $155 million (Underlying JV ~$310 million)
- Brokered the Mezzanine finance ($35 million) for the delivery of York and George development with underlying value in excess of $200 million between Fife Capital, ARA Australia and Winton Partners.
- Brokered a portfolio of six (6) Woolworths anchored neighborhood centres valued at $153 million.
- Established the FTSEpx Fund the first Investable Property Index (non REIT)
- Traded >30 indirect Investments in the UK secondary market with an underlying exposure of >£14bn
- Managed the outperformance of WCPF by 500bps throughout the market correction of 2007-2009
- Brokered and structured a JV with Private Equity Investors for the extension of the economic life of the OEIC of WCPF
- Developed the Herron Todd White Valuation Model (Static and DCF models) used by 800 valuers nationally
- Valued in excess of $40 billion of Shopping Centres
Education, Memberships & Awards
- Bachelor of Property Economics - University of Technology Sydney
- Associate of the Australian Property Institute - API
- Unrestricted Valuation License
- Investment Management Certificate - CFA Society of the UK
- Member of the Real Estate Institute of NSW
- Licensed Real Estate Agent
- Cushman & Wakefield Australian Deal of the year 2014